January 10, 2020
National Grid’s contractor, Creamer Environmental, is implementing remedial actions at the Citizens former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) Site to address MGP Site related impacts in accordance with the NY State DEC approved design. Mobilization began on July 10, 2019 and the remedial activities are expected to take about 2 years to complete. The cleanup activities are being performed with oversight by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). Community air monitoring and vibration monitoring are being conducted during this project.
- Transportation of materials off-site for disposal and recycling
- Pre-drilling the sheeting alignment for the Parcel 1 soil remediation area
- Installation of the tent structure for the Parcel 3 soil remediation area
- Preparation and splicing of beams for the Parcel 3 support of excavation
- Test pitting and selective demolition of the Parcel 2 bulkhead
Recently completed activities:
- Installation of steel sheeting for the Parcel 3 soil remediation area
- Electrical service installation
- Water treatment system equipment installation and start-up testing
Upcoming work activities:
- Excavation of Parcel 3 soil remediation area
- Mobilization of barge and installation of Parcel 2 bulkhead
Community Air Monitoring Plan Summary
Continuous community air monitoring is on-going. For the period 12/26/19 through 01/08/20 there were no levels above the 15-minute Action Limit for Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC) or Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust].
Parcel 2 bulkhead selective demolition.
Parcel 3 tent structure installation and load-out of clean concrete.