December 6, 2019
National Grid’s contractor, Creamer Environmental, is implementing remedial actions at the Citizens former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) Site to address MGP Site related impacts in accordance with the NY State DEC approved design. Mobilization began on July 10, 2019 and the remedial activities are expected to take about two years to complete. The cleanup activities are being performed with oversight by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). Community air monitoring and vibration monitoring are being conducted during this project.
- Electrical service installation
- Transportation of materials off-site for disposal and recycling
- Pre-drilling the sheeting alignment for the Parcel 1 soil remediation area
- Water treatment system equipment installation (for future Site Remediation activities)
- Installation of steel sheeting for the Parcel 3 soil remediation area
- Installation of the tent structure for the Parcel 3 soil remediation area
- Test pitting for bulkhead selective demolition planning
Recently completed activities:
- Pre-trenching the sheeting alignment for the Parcel 1 soil remediation area
- Receive deliveries of tent structure for the Parcel 3 soil remediation area
Upcoming work activities:
- Excavation of Parcel 3 soil remediation area
Community Air Monitoring Plan Summary
Continuous community air monitoring is on-going. For the period 11/21/19 through 12/04/19 there were no levels above the 15-minute Action Limit for Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC) or Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust].
Parcel 3 steel sheeting installation.
Parcel 3 tent structure installation.