November 15, 2019
National Grid’s contractor, Creamer Environmental, is implementing remedial actions at the Citizens former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) Site to address MGP Site related impacts in accordance with the NY State DEC approved design. Mobilization began on July 10, 2019 and the remedial activities are expected to take about 2 years to complete. The cleanup activities are being performed with oversight by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). Community air monitoring and vibration monitoring are being conducted during this project.
- Electrical service installation
- Transportation of materials off-site for disposal and recycling
- Pre-trenching and pre-drilling the sheeting alignment for the Parcel 1 soil remediation area
- Water treatment system equipment installation (for future Site Remediation activities)
- Installation of steel sheeting for the Parcel 3 soil remediation area
Recently completed activities:
- Installation of NAPL recovery wells
- Pre-trenching and pre-drilling the sheeting alignment for the Parcel 3 soil remediation area
Upcoming work activities:
- Installation of tent structure for the Parcel 3 soil remediation
- Test pitting for bulkhead selective demolition planning
Community Air Monitoring Plan Summary
Continuous community air monitoring is on-going. For the period 11/7/19 through 11/13/19 there were no levels above the 15-minute Action Limit for Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC) or Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust].
Parcel 3 steel sheeting installation.
Parcel 1 pre-drilling.